Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Photos of the new Mossberg 590

A couple photos of the new shotgun with me at work... thanks to everyone for the friendly advice in the other thread,

Mossberg 590 Mariner

Last edited by MCKROB; 08-07-2011 at 03:12 AM.

RATPACK #37

Your 590 is prettier than my 590 combat grade. Have you fired slugs in it yet? Slugs in mine produce the worst recoil of any of my guns - snaps me around so fast my glasses fly off.
    Nice "office" you have there.

Scars are
    souvenirs you
    never lose

RAT Pack #978

you have to love the Mossbergs. my 535 has quickly become the Swiss army knife of the gun collection

the recoil from shooting 3" slugs is nothing compared to 3-1/2" shells for turkey. 1 shot of the turkey put my brother on his ass. mind you he is about 5 foot 10 or so but only 100 pounds max so there was a bit of physics involved. needless to say he will not be joining me for goose hunting, 3-1/2 inch steel shot shells in a boat would make for somebody going overboard LOL

also, do you have plugs in the magazine limiting it's capacity to 2 shells? Ont has them but i'm not too sure about other provinces
    Last edited by plowboy; 08-07-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Congrats on the 590...i'm glad you decided to go with the mossberg...WTF do you do for work!?! i am SO JEALOUS!
    RP # 717

Good deal MCKROB. You are still going to get that Defender coated right?
    RP #1084

That 590 looks just like mine but mine has definitely not been to anywhere as beautiful as where you took yours for those photos. Where is that? Simply breath taking.

Back to the Mossy -- is that Marine coat on it? That is what mine is.
    Don
    R.P. #239
    Izula, RC3, RC5

I'm a hardcore Mossberg guy. Ambi safety FTW!!!

I'm more of a Remington 870 guy. But Mossberg makes tough shotguns for sure. I had a 500 model that I modded probably 18 years ago into more of a home defense type shotty. Thing took a beating over the years and wouldn't die. Gave it to my father as a thank you for what small payment it was for all he'd done for me growing up. He didn't own a pump-action shotty at the time and I knew my Mossberg was very reliable. Got a 870 a few years back and love it, but wouldn't hesitate to buy another Mossberg.

Congrats on your 590.

Looks good.. but I'm more jealous of your office.

RAT Pack #69

Nice shotgun and scenery.

I love my 590; it's a mean sumbitch. First thing I did was pull the mag plug, install a side-saddle, pistol grips, and slap an M7 bayonet on there just for fun.
    I pull that sucker out and people part like the Red Sea.

Nice Mossberg! I just picked up another 870, but this is a Tactical Express. I'm gonna send it off to Vang Comp to have the barrel worked on. Your office is pretty damn sweet!!!
    One Shot, One Kill...

United States Marine Corps
    Born Nov. 10, 1775
    Tun Tavern, Philadelphia
    Semper Fi!

Nice buy.
    Great pics.

Nice shotty and what the hell do you do for a living?

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by plowboy View Post
    also, do you have plugs in the magazine limiting it's capacity to 2 shells? Ont has them but i'm not too sure about other provinces
    as far as I know, this is a provincial rule and only applies while hunting (in Ontario this is enforced by the MNR conservation officers). I've never been able to find anything in the federal firearms act that limits magazine capacity in shotguns.

As I am not hunting and have a legitimate reason for carrying it related to my profession this rule doesn't apply (the RCMP in NWT told me the same thing years ago), it's certainly not something I worry about either way.

RATPACK #37

Quote Originally Posted by Tooney View Post
    Nice shotty and what the hell do you do for a living?

Zach
    mineral exploration, basically "hi-tech" prospecting (for gold in this case) with geophysical instruments instead of a hammer and hand-lens

RATPACK #37

•