Size comparison: Swamprat Ratmandu vs. ESEE-6

I've had the question come up a few times from a sales post.... How does the Ratmandu seem to compare size wise to an ESEE-6? I took some photos of different angles, grip/scale width, choil size, etc. Blade material, we just moved and I have'nt been able to get out and use both knives to give a better review, but here's some pics to share with you guys. Hope this helps and answers a few questions.

Blade length comparison, the 6 def has a bigger blade, thickness wise is close.

Handle width is close, length the 6 has larger scales. A few of the pics shows me gripping each knife (I have med sized hands)

Choil comparison they are pretty close in size.

Couple more pics showing texture of scale material and shape. Both knives grip real nice.

Photobucket RP#917

Thanks for Sharing
    the RMD is the best SRKW blade ever made IMO so versatile
    I prefer the 2007/2008 Green RMD's b/c the powder coat is done correctly.. if you look at the 2010-2011 Green only RMD's the Green coating is pure crap...fish eyes all over the coating on every model coated Green...no other color has that issue...very poor choice to release them looking like that
    RP#3 BK#25

I really like the RMD...so much that I recently got the green a couple weeks ago. Had Tony mentioned this earlier...it would've been more helpful in making a decision. I actually like the look but I'm easily swayed by a super mod.

...supermodel that is.

look at the crappy green, click link and biggy size the pics and you'll see a crappy green coating and the other colors are fine...

http://www.shop.ratknives.com/produc...8&categoryId=1

Last edited by texastony; 07-26-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    RP#3 BK#25

I live in rugged New Brunswick Canada.Deep in the woods
    I would want a replacement with a blade that looked like that.It looks like a melted plastic bag was used to coat the blade.
    "The forest is my chapel.The trees are the pillars and walls of an endless cathedral.The wind in the trees is my choir.The land gives me water for my thirst and food for my famine.My blades grant me safe passage,give me food and make my shelter.Survival is my religion and I am it's disciple"

RP#617

if you click the link and biggy the pic you can almost see behind the paint in some of the fish eyes.....

I'd want a refund if I purchased a green coated blade
    RP#3 BK#25

Quote Originally Posted by texastony View Post
    if you click the link and biggy the pic you can almost see behind the paint in some of the fish eyes.....

I'd want a refund if I purchased a green coated blade
    Someone must have been running diesel in the shop that day!
    Esee 6, ESEE 3 PM, Izula, Benchmade 940, Victorinox Spirit

the green swamp wardens,rodents & RMD all look like that if you got the green coating
    RP#3 BK#25

I really like my RMD (sage blade, not green ). It is one of my larger fixed blades. It is versatile, good steel, good looking and tough. I don't have an ESEE-6 to compare it to, but it looks like they are pretty close.
    Pilot

RAT Pack #183

nothing wrong with the RMD ,it is a great knife...my favorite of all the swamprat's but the poor application of the green powder coat is what I was pointing out is all
    RP#3 BK#25

Thanks for the comparison shots! Really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by texastony View Post
    nothing wrong with the RMD ,it is a great knife...my favorite of all the swamprat's but the poor application of the green powder coat is what I was pointing out is all
    I had a green RMD and Swampwarden, traded them off for a Junglas . I agree the green is too thick and the coating almost looks like the movie Aliens, the acid that comes out of them and melts stuff. Maybe that's what they wanted.... The tan coating has a real nice finish to it similar to the ESEE line.
    Photobucket RP#917

A comparison shot of a few of the Bussekins with some others.

Top to bottom:

RC-5
    Swamp Rat Ratmandu
    Scrap Yard War Dog
    BRKT Bravo-1
    RC-4 (with TKC scales)

Pilot

RAT Pack #183

Thanks for the comparison pics; they aren't two knives that I would have considered that similar.

The RMD is one of my favourite knives. I've got to get 6 now so that I can compare them in my own hands.

Claudiasboris
    Rat Pack #863