Aitor Jungle King II skinner-Review

I've been trying to put together a small bug out type bag to take with me when I'm out and about. I just bought a new ESEE-6 which ate up my knife budget for the time being so I dug around in my collection for an adequate replacement for an Izula until I get one of those. I came across this knife that I've had for probably 20 years but had sort of forgotten about.

It is an Aitor Jungle King II skinner. They originally came with the Aitor Jungle King II knife that was a little brother to the Jungle King I. If you are not familiar with these knives I encourage you to google them. They are interesting and I'm not sure if they are available any more as I think Aitor may be out of business. The skinner was a part of the total kit that came with the main knife. I bought just the skinner at a local gun shop way back. It's about 5 inches long total and has about 1 1/2 inches of blade length. It incorporates a bottle opener,screwdriver (flat), gut hook, and what I think is sometimes called a shackle wrench but was probably just a cut out for interest and weight.

I'm not sure of the steel it's made of but I'd guess 440c. I've used it some and it holds an edge pretty well and isn't too hard to sharpen. It has a nice little canvas webbing flap style sheath with a velcro closure. I think it would be great for lashing to a spear and it makes a light handy companion to my ESEE-6 until I move on to an IZULA. (well this one can be the IZULA's little buddy then)

Here are some pictures I took of it.

Rat Pack #73
    Pack Rat #73

Heck yeah that little puppy is sweet I like it. Nice addition. When you get your izzy I will take that one of your hands. Or maybe you would trade that for an izzy?
    Better to HAVE and not NEED then to NEED and not HAVE

http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/ai...tor-knives.asp

Two sizes. I like the II but both look nice.
    I couldn't find a US supplier. I have no idea if those are even in stock for them. They say $22 not bad. Nice packable sheath too.

Aussie website likes 'em.

http://www.knivesaustralia.com.au/aitor.html
    Cuchillos! Cuchillos!!

Oh damn. I am really liking that "magnum belt knife" and for only $100 damn it damn it damn it
    Better to HAVE and not NEED then to NEED and not HAVE

I hadn't thought about aitor's in years, I bought a jungle king 2 about 25years ago or so, still have it too. They made a pretty good knife back then, it had a well thought out sheath system too, with a sling shot that actually worked.

take it easy
    cricket