Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BRKT Mini Fox River

1st impressions: I really like it. It's my 1st BRKT. Nice sheath. One thing I wasn't happy about was there was rust by the edge and spine. Called Knives Ship Free and they are already fixing it, even though it's probably BRKT fault. The cause may be due from the acid residue they use to etch there logo on the blade. Not a big deal. The edge is the sharpest edge from the factory I have ever gotten. I did pay a little more so that should be expected. I will probably get more BRKT in the future.

thanks for sharing ! I'd like to see it compared to the fox river as a size aspect
    I have a Fox river and it is my favorite BRK&T .
    A2 is great steel ,I usually pick BRK&T up on the second hand market b/c I think they are too expensive new LOL Yeah I am cheap
    RP#3 BK#25

I don't have any other BRKT for comparison. I used the 2 business cards to give you an idea. The spine is pretty hefty for a short length blade. Yeah they are pricey. I really liked the hollow pins and never had a knife of high quality except EsEE but those are more tools I sort of wanted a fancy knife. The g-10 is new to me. I have only seen this one with hollow pins. KSF had a Green G-10 but I really liked the black. I need to make a monkey fist lanyard for it.

I really like my Bark River Knives too. Like Texastony, I pick most of mine up on the secondary market.

My current favorites are a Liten Bror with Desert Ironwood Burl scales, a Drop Point Hunter also with Desert Ironwood Burl and a rampless Gunny with Fiddleback Maple Burl and Red Liners. All three look absolutely incredible and perform great too! Not just pretty safe queens, I use them!

I've liked a few of their models for quite sometime, just could never justify that much of a price tag. I prefer customs to my specs for that price. Although I will likely get a Golok sometimes in the future.
    Unused knives are unloved knives.
    RP#21

my FR has GCM w/hollow pins mated with a matching firesteel & Mikro Canadian with GCM w/ hollow pins too , nice lil' rig.... I really like it !
    RP#3 BK#25

I'm a big Bark River fan. I own several. Sold a few I didnt care for but overall really like them.
    Rat Pack #710

Eric

I had a nice collection of BRK&T at one time. I sent one to be rehandled and never got it back. It got lost in the mail or stole off my porch. They said they were going to replace it but I never got anything. I had a bravo-1 that was having heat treat issues so instead of sending it back in I sold it for cheap and sold the rest of the ones I had. I am not going to support a company that doesn't keep its word. They are making some good looking blades though.

Mike that's the other side of Bark River .... I read good Customer service & some Bad customer service . If you ever visit the JD forum you'd gotten Flamed for talking bad about BRK&T ....well and Mike S. is a Mod there too
    I never had an issue w/their knives except a few personal ones.
    BRK&T make a great knife but for me way to many models
    RP#3 BK#25

I like those...and I was actually thinking about one. But now I'm looking for something more on the "nyala" type side. I really like those type of handles as well...feels like one I could pass on to the son if/when he gets into hunting.

Actually...i think i'm looking for something more like the Fallkniven NL5. That thing is sweet...but pricey for me.
    Last edited by santacruz; 05-13-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: clarify

Quote Originally Posted by texastony View Post
    Mike that's the other side of Bark River .... I read good Customer service & some Bad customer service . If you ever visit the JD forum you'd gotten Flamed for talking bad about BRK&T ....well and Mike S. is a Mod there too
    Yeah I would of got flamed on Knifeforums as well. I don't know if they are still having any issues or not but I think at the time they just over extended their means with too much volume. In doing that they had some QC issues at the time I was a fan of their knives. As far as the CS goes I don't know what that was about. The STS-5 has been tempting me though. LOL

I had a Gunny with Spalted Maple Burl handle. Before I had a chance to even use it, the handle had cracked. I PMed Mike on knife forums and he said to send it in and that there were some problems with the spalted maple burl. They replaced the handle and sent it back with the same wood. I actually had told him to pick something else...but whatever. I ended up selling it and never used it.

That being said, I do like many of Bark River's designs and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one of their knives. My experience with their customer service was satisfactory. I think they're OK overall.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've actually been looking pretty hard at the new Northstars lately in 3V.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Slayer View Post
    Yeah I would of got flamed on Knifeforums as well. I don't know if they are still having any issues or not but I think at the time they just over extended their means with too much volume. In doing that they had some QC issues at the time I was a fan of their knives. As far as the CS goes I don't know what that was about. The STS-5 has been tempting me though. LOL
    Funny, I just recently posted a question on BRKT Knifeforums and a certain mod there sure seemed less then stellar. That being said I own several BRKT knives and really enjoy their knives.