Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Love it, Decklin! Absolutely perfect, just what I've been looking for! I suck at macrame and hate the accordion effect after undoing a knot. This looks easy enough (I'll put it to the test in the morning over a pot of coffee), and looks to, as you say, minimize the accordion affect. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Decklin View Post
    I am thinking of making some a bit shorter with the proper hardware for a rifle sling.
    I would be interested in a sling for my AK-74 and possibly the PSL.

-Bob
    Rat Pack #975

I'm on the schedule at work next week for about 70 hours, but I'll see if I can get some sling hardware and some more paracord and see what I can put together when things get settled down. Thanks for the replies.

Amazing work man.

Decklin- with that same pattern, only about 4-5 inches you can make a very strong sling(think david and goliath)

for a stiffer strap you can do the solomon bar, and then go back over it same stitch to make it thicker and thicker.
    RP# 953
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thumbs up

Very nicely done Decklin, and an excellent tutorial.
    Cheers,

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by Timy View Post
    you can do the solomon bar
    To untie a solomon/cobra thing that size would take a good amount of nerves and time though. Decklin's comes apart almost by itself. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
    --
    equest
    RP #1089

They are trying to fly that tank!

I'm finally done - or not. I didn't add the intended hardware BEFORE I weaved the strap together because I thought they were carabiners. Well, they damn weren't. So I've attached the thing to one of my packs. I guess it's never wrong to carry a good length of backup cord.

Now I'll have to wait for the next boring football match to start a new one while watching.

--
    equest
    RP #1089

I have a display of my Paracord Bracelets and Lanyards and what not for sale in a local Gun Shop, But I still have not attemted something large like this. Looks like I dedinetly need too! Looks really good guys!
    RP# 894

really good idea there

Meanwhile I did a belt and a shoulder strap using the cobra or solomon technique (several instruction vids are available on YouTube). It's fast and easy to tie but indefinitely harder to untie. It looks indefinitely nicer too though.

I've worn bracelets sometimes, but I guess when you run out of cord, that little length around your wrist doesn't make so much difference. The belt holds a good 20 meters of 550 Paracord and is very comfortable. I guess you could use near 19 meters of it, since you will still need a strand to hold your pants in place. ;-)

--
    equest
    RP #1089

So I want to make this fit my DSLR in a 1-point sling style. Any ideas on how I could do this? It would probably be around 40". I just need to figure out how to connect both ends in a secure manner. It would be cool if it could also quick-detach from my camera.
    "Buy the best and only cry once." | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

nice work I used an easy (and quick) daisy chain on my 10x4, carried pretty comfortably (but probably not as comfortably as the woven one)

if anyone has a guess to this weave, I'm all ears

“Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”

I am going to have to try one of these....
    Nathanial4

Rat Pack #819

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanial4 View Post
    I am going to have to try one of these....
    x2 I think my Cooper tactical pack could use one of those....
    Get strops here ====>FLEXXXSTROPS
    MAD STROP SCIENTIST
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Randall View Post
    We modeled the ESEE-CM6 after Flexxx - the hottest, sexiest thing on this forum.
    Do I see sheets of plastic in your future-Dexter Morgan

Winter time is coming soon and we got some interesting paracord projects ready to roll

Seems like I need to order some cord
    Rat Pack #889