Quick day hike in Sourland Mountain

Had a great time with my daughter hiking in Sourland Mountain yesterday. BEAUTIFUL weather in Jersey for it!!! This was a bit of a test run for later in the month when we hike a bit of the Apalachian Trail up in Northern Jersey (Kittattiny Region).

I figured I would throw up some pics ...I know how we all love to look at and share pics lol

My new day pack and one of my favorite knives

That's sports tape on her knees ...they're messed up from training for travel soccer AND ice hockey

Me being a goofball

Coolest dog in the world right here

Lunchtime

Thanks for looking!
    Rat Pack Reject #3500
    Pack Rat #35
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix

Looks like you picked a great thing to do on a nice day. . .hiking with family. I'm so envious of all the four-legged trail buddies. Travel soccer & ice hockey. . .that's awesome. . .those sports can do a number on the knees. I hope the sports tape does the trick for your daughter. Hope you post pics when you hike the AT.

Thanks sb : )

Yeah she's a rugged little girl ...and then something like a prom comes along and she turns into a beautiful diva LOL The drs explained that the hard training in the two different types of sports combined with her growth spirt kind of pulled the muscles in the area of her knees, so she's gotta take it easy and tape up around her knees if she's going to do anything like hiking. I don't understand how that can help but she says it does, so that's good!

I think you're pretty active and would make a great pack leader to a 4 legged trail buddy too

Oh and I'll definitely have more pics from the AT trip!! (God I can't wait for that!! ...coming up in 3 weeks!)
    Rat Pack Reject #3500
    Pack Rat #35
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix

that place looks great. Thanks for sharing. As for the sports tape, im a big fan of it. I used it on my back for a while when going through physical therapy and it helped a lot. I was skeptical at first, but it seemed to do its job. Its good at keeping the injured area from over extending, and give a little support to it through its range of motion without being annoying like a traditional wrap or brace would.

I hope I never find out and just have to take your (and my daughter's) word that it works LOL

She swears by it to now. It just looks like it wouldn't but believe me, I'm glad it does!
    Rat Pack Reject #3500
    Pack Rat #35

Cool stuff. Thx for posting
    Creed Rocks!
    Pop Evil Rips!
    Pack Rat #23
    Esee fishing club #4
    Coldwaterspam, Spamwaterboys

sourlands! i still want to ride my mtb there - supposedly one of the rockiest trails here. they lied, there's no rocks...your pics show they're giant boulders! i think i'll wear a helmet just hiking it, haha.
    nra | beckerhead #33 | rat pack #716
    reviews: kifaru | osprey | evernew | goalzero | etc.

Man I see some guys mountain biking out there every time I go there ....insane. You've got to be in some serious condition to be able to take on that challenge!
    Rat Pack Reject #3500
    Pack Rat #35