Upper Peninsula Michigan Brook Trout trip

Got to get out for a day of trout fishing recently in the Hiawatha National Forest. Hit several streams without much luck but managed a couple. Cooked up with salt, pepper, butter, lime and some rosemary - they were awesome!

Obligatory fish/knife picture:

Scored a double header on Fox snakes while going from stream to stream, I handed them to my old man to do this "Southern preacher" impression:

Someone dumped this shitter in the middle of nowhere - which kind of pisses you off but still makes for a funny photo op:
    - the mods will lock this dumbass thread down quicker than a Candiru can swim up your penis.

Nice ones! The potty picture cracked me up!
    "I'm not so good with advice...can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Rat Pack #3545

Nice brownies! Love the shitter pic! lol
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" - Lao Tzu

---Master Knife Sharpener---

Quote Originally Posted by 91bravo View Post
    Nice brownies! Love the shitter pic! lol
    Not sure if you were refering to the brownies in the shitter... but the fish were Brookies!
    - the mods will lock this dumbass thread down quicker than a Candiru can swim up your penis.

Those brookies are perfect eating size, nice catch!
    RP# 14

Ah, I guess I'm fish illiterate! We don't have dem kind down in nese parts!
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" - Lao Tzu

---Master Knife Sharpener---

Thanks! The smaller one might have been pushing the size limit but she was hooked deep and wasn't going to make it (and I'll be damned if I leave a trout for the minks).

91Bravo are you guys in L.A. or U.A?
    Last edited by Randyinseville; 07-15-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randyinseville View Post
    91bravo are you guys in l.a. Or u.a?
    u.a.

Rat Pack #3545

Nice! I love it up there. I have to go to Redstone every three years for a bit and if I am forced to remain in the south after I retire it'll be in the Hunstville area.

Huntsville is nice! We're about an hour and a half south of there!

When I was a court reporter, I did several EEO hearings at Redstone. Some crazy stuff goes on there!

Rat Pack #3545

Nice looking fish. What's your plans for the snakes? Those are nice looking.
    The good thing about being lost is that you are someplace you have never been. ~me

Yeah, those are some pretty cool snakes. I have never seen anything like those in NY.
    RP# 14

That snake would have been a cool pic in the toilet! Nice trip.
    Creed Rocks!
    Pop Evil Rips!
    Pack Rat #23
    Esee fishing club #4
    Coldwaterspam, Spamwaterboys

Never thought about putting the snakes in the toilet because we let them go long before we happened upon the commode - but that could have made for some fun photo ops! Finding them was pretty cool actually - I saw the bigger of the two first which I assume was the male. He had a slightly red head (breeding display?) which I've never seen before. After I caught him, the old man snatched up the slightly smaller one which I think was female. I can only assume they were breeding (or about to) but the old man doesn't think so as the usually breed earlier in the year. My response to him was they had a late winter (and hardly any spring with intermittent snow up till late May) so maybe they were behind schedule. He didn't buy that either so the next thing you know... You have two retards, neither of which have any biological expertise arguing it out about why two snakes are in the same spot at the same time. This degraded into a long drawn out conversation on what was God's purpose for creating Mosquitos and Wood Ticks.

Edit: Just FYI, I presented the argument that the Wood tick is at it's beggining step in it's evolutionary process. In another billion or so years, it will be at it's pinnacle as some super intelligent bionic human..... You can kind of see how the conversations between us end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Randyinseville View Post

Scored a double header on Fox snakes while going from stream to stream, I handed them to my old man to do this "Southern preacher" impression:

Us southerns don't handle snakes for Jesus unless they are poisonous.

j/k man. Nice pics though. I've never been trout fishing but have always wanted to go.
    Genesis 27:3 "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."