Scroll Saw Blades

I just picked up a scroll saw. I wanted to know what kind of blades do I use for kydex.
    I got a spiral blade but it flexes quite a bit. It also kind of melts the kydex. So I am not sure how I feel about it.
    Thanks for the help guys.
    Joe

I have not worked with kydex yet but i have worked with an awful lot of abs plastic. Abs is a pain to cut with a saw and i imagine kydex is too since they are related. Best method with abs is to score it and snap it like with plexi glass or lexan.

Thanks RW.
    A lot of kydex guys have scroll saws so it must work good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by rw View Post
    I have not worked with kydex yet but i have worked with an awful lot of abs plastic. Abs is a pain to cut with a saw and i imagine kydex is too since they are related. Best method with abs is to score it and snap it like with plexi glass or lexan.

They could possibly be using a blade with large voids, i have used a wood cutting blade on a jig saw before to sut a section off a larger piece. Smaller voids just kept loading up with material. If you can use large void blades i have a bandsaw blade you could have for cost of shipping.. i no longer own the saw it was for. I think it would be fairly easy to make custom scroll saw blades with some low temp silver solder.

I appreciate that but I will look locally.
    Thanks