Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dave Canterbury About Why He Was Fired on Dual Survival

He fesses up to embellishing his resume and apologizes...

Rat Pack #989
    Pack Rat #6
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    IP

No apology was necessary in my book. The guy knows survival. I could care less what he claimed to do in the past.
    RP# 763
    PR# 13
    TOA #9
    rodferro.com
    IP

I will say he shouldn't have lied on his resume. Outside of that, I have no problem with his video or his school, and truthfully no real experience to base a valid opinion on.
    If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
    IP

I like the guy.
    IP

I think he's a good dude, regardless of past mistakes. And I'm sure there are much worse liars on TV than he ever was. In Fact, show me one TV celebrity that didn't lie on his or her resume.

.................... I I want your opinion, I'll read it in your entrails
    IP

Respect to him for addressing the issue and fessing up. The man knows his stuff and should be respected as a knowledgeable individual in the outdoors. He shouldn't have lied, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the information he DOES possess and shares with his followers.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Rat Pack 1022
    IP

I never disliked Dave and always figured he knew what he was talking about, but I think the biggest issue here is one he didn't even touch on: Embellishing his military service record is a big disservice to those who haven't. Seemed like it was a lot more of, "Sorry, I was wrong, but I really do know what I'm talking about," than really apologizing and trying to make amens.

But I don't really care either way, I don't really hold it against him. Just can see why people with military experience do, and can totally understand Cody's position on not being able to trust him.
    IP

If I was stuck out in the woods with someone, I'd take Dave over any of the other TV people.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    If I was stuck out in the woods with someone, I'd take Dave over any of the other TV people.
    This... As a Vet I'm not going to judge him for adding some crap to his resume to get a job on TV...
    Rat Pack #989
    Pack Rat #6
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    IP

God Bless Dave!
    Tough Times Don't Last...TOUGH PEOPLE DO!
    IP

^^^ exactly, TV almost requires you to exaggerate a bit to even be considered..its sad that military service accounts for nothing, everyone wants you to be a seal and romanticize it...Just like the above comments, i'd take dave hands down over most of these yahoo's....
    "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit..." Johnnie Cochran
    IP

What he did doesn't matter. It's what he is doing that counts. I love Dave his a great bloke and knows his stuff!
    E5 SN# 10383
    IP

Dave is the man. I have no problems with him at all. He provides SO MUCH FREE EDUCATIONAL CONTENT on youtube, without asking for any money for it, and that is just so awesome. He really like what he does, and wants to show people about it. And that's great. Hes never done anything wrong to me, and we all make mistakes. Hes lost no respect from me, and I will continue to watch his videos. What he said is understandable, and he owns it.
    -DontTreadOnME201 (RAT PACK#1053, EMT, outdoorsman, NTA & NRA Member, and trapper)

"Relish the challenge of overcoming difficulties that would crush ordinary men...learn to suffer." - Mark Twight
    IP

I'll give him props for putting this video out. It takes a lot for a man to admit that he has done something wrong so I respect him for that. I don't personally know Dave but I always preferred him over Cody on DS anyway.
    RP# 1069
    IP

Props to Dave for 'fessing up. Yeah, he made some mistakes but he's man enough to admit them. Many people, myself included, make mistakes every day and fail to own up to them as they should. "Let he who is without sin..."

I got to meet Dave once at the Indy 1500 and he seems like a genuinely decent guy; just a hell of a lot shorter than he looks on TV
    IP