Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scrap Yard 911.

Scrap Yard 911.

So on the 13-16 my cousin and I will be heading out on a expedition deep into the Sierra Nevada. To do some knife testing Ill try to get some pics up and tell you all what I think. Be testing the Junglas, NMFBM, R9 and 911. R9 was just shipped.

First impressions of the 911. I like the Res C handles. The knife is blade heavy which is good. Roughly 18 ounces. I doubt it will out chop either my Junglas or NMFBM. I put it in the class of the CS Trailmaster. Ontario SP50 and Becker BK9.
    Last edited by tdk1211; 10-05-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    "You do more work than you have to. I feel it's my obligation to do less" -Agustus McCrae

Nice I love Scrapyard's prices and the simplicity of their Res C handles. They don't make anything that really appeals to me yet, but hopefully that'll change sometime in the future. Try to get some good pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpus View Post
    If I was an animal, I'd fuk with humans all the time. Bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by tdk1211 View Post

I like the Res C handles. The knife is blade heavy which is good. Roughly 18 ounces. I doubt it will out chop either my Junglas or NMFBM.
    You know if you really believed that...Oh nevermind.
    ---Master Knife Sharpener---

Quote Originally Posted by 91bravo View Post
    You know if you really believed that...Oh nevermind.
    91...Yes turn about is fair play. But no you can't have it! It's mines!!! :P

Dan I will try. It's been a long time coming and I'm chomping at the bit to go.
    "You do more work than you have to. I feel it's my obligation to do less" -Agustus McCrae

Were is the sheath
    Get strops here ====>FLEXXXSTROPS
    MAD STROP SCIENTIST
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Randall View Post
    We modeled the ESEE-CM6 after Flexxx - the hottest, sexiest thing on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyfl View Post
    Oh is it a FLEXXX action figure!?! With sunglasses, removable sequin shirt, and a strop?

I'm curious about the handle material. Is it hard plastic or does it have a slight give?

Quote Originally Posted by tdk1211 View Post
    91...Yes turn about is fair play. But no you can't have it! It's mines!!! :P

Dan I will try. It's been a long time coming and I'm chomping at the bit to go.

Nice knife. I would like to have their new 1311!
    ---Master Knife Sharpener---

I'm happy with the ESEE and customs... but ever since godspeed put up that black dangled with a 511 or 711on his site (damn you Eli) ive been drawn to the base sykco. Those handles are what intrigues me beyond the clean design.

Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    I'm happy with the ESEE and customs... but ever since godspeed put up that black dangled with a 511 or 711on his site (damn you Eli) ive been drawn to the base sykco. Those handles are what intrigues me beyond the clean design.
    Oh the Res C handles feel solid but have give. Like a real hard rubber. It's like Kraton. However they are supposed to be impervious to chemicals and all that happy horse shit. I have a feeling Micarta is too so it's a moot point. However dry they are real nice and grippy. It fills my hand really nice. So does the Junglas though. The Junglas has a longer handle which is nice. This knife came scary sharp also. I like the SRKW and SYCKO stuff. My friend has allot of knives from Busse SRKW and SYCKO. Also has Esee's Fehrmans and and others. On the Busse stuff he buys 2-3 to keep one and to sell the rest so he's never buying the knife. I handled his Dog father so I kinda knew what to expect with the 911. He actually started me out with Esee's told me they were in his mind the best bang for your buck.

Flexxx I have a sheath coming Azwelke Taco. I decided to go with the taco style to keep the weight down. I looked at that BOB knife and that's a cool knife Flexxx. Good review!

91...I like the 1311 too. I like the Hawks that SRKW has also. But I think I'm going to cool it on buying anymore for awhile. The NMFBM which I have wanted for a long long time was a shit ton of money. The few others I have on order "411 and R4" are enough for awhile. Also the Chop Mastiff maybe coming out. And I have to have one of those you know?

Looking forward to your review on the 911. I've got one as well, but I've not been out to abuse it yet. Be safe and have fun on your expedition.
    ESEE Rat Pack #834
    "Under divine blessing, we must rely on the bayonet when firearms cannot be furnished". Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson (April 1861)

How are you liking the blade so far?
    Get strops here ====>FLEXXXSTROPS
    MAD STROP SCIENTIST
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Randall View Post
    We modeled the ESEE-CM6 after Flexxx - the hottest, sexiest thing on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyfl View Post
    Oh is it a FLEXXX action figure!?! With sunglasses, removable sequin shirt, and a strop?

I have another 911 and 8x 1311s on the way shortly.... My DF is one of my favourite big blades...
    Nemesis of Jeep owners the world around...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Aussie View Post
    I have another 911 and 8x 1311s on the way shortly.... My DF is one of my favourite big blades...
    Let us know how the 1311 works out, I sold the 911 so I could use the funds for a 1311. Looking forward to that one.
    RatPack #1074
    PackRat #14

Let us know how the eight 1311s work out.
    What are you, an octopus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpus View Post
    If I was an animal, I'd fuk with humans all the time. Bitches.

LOL .... nope....not all mine, me an a couple of mate's always go in together on buys from the US so the shipping is cheaper.... just my turn when the 1311s came around. Three are mine...
    Nemesis of Jeep owners the world around...