Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MikieG Guest

Blackjack halo attack

Let me start out by saying that the esee 5 IS my all time fave. PERIOD.
    But when out in the field with my Black Widow Recurve and traditional leather
    accesories like back quiver or armguards ect, the esee just doesnt feel right.
    Now give me any other equipment or gear, and the esee is the only knife in the
    world.
    So i have found this blackjack halo attack, the short one. It is more pricey than the esee.
    Beautiful knife with a decent leather sheath. I am no knife guy. However,
    I knew awesome when i saw esee 5.
    So with all that said, what are your thoughts on Blackjack?

Talk to Bill at Backwoods Customs. I think his style is what you're looking for.

I think I read somewhere they are made by bark river knife and tool if that helps any?

BRKT makes there knives and they are A2 convex grind, good stuff.

I always liked the look of the Blackjack model 125, reminds me of a Randall.

Get strops here ====>FLEXXXSTROPS
    MAD STROP SCIENTIST
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Randall View Post
    We modeled the ESEE-CM6 after Flexxx - the hottest, sexiest thing on this forum.
    Do I see sheets of plastic in your future-Dexter Morgan

MikieG Guest
    That halo is beautiful! Far too pretty for tactical work. I am guessing that there is noone here that has owned one.
    The esee is utility built for brutal performance. That is why we love em.
    Besides being a solid tool, the no bullshit waranty jeff and mike put on em shows me strong confidence in their product.
    I just happen to really like this halo.
    It feels like i am cheating on my wife!

Quote Originally Posted by MikieG View Post
    That halo is beautiful! Far too pretty for tactical work. I am guessing that there is noone here that has owned one.
    The esee is utility built for brutal performance. That is why we love em.
    Besides being a solid tool, the no bullshit waranty jeff and mike put on em shows me strong confidence in their product.
    I just happen to really like this halo.
    It feels like i am cheating on my wife!
    You just described BlackJack knives. I do own a 125 like the one pictured but in stag and I have owned others. Blackjack is built by Bark River. They are built to be used and used hard. They also look good doing it. They have the same "no bullshit" warranty as Bark River knives of which I own dozens. Get the knife and the handle material you like and use the hell out of it.

Blackjack is a Barkriver product , and I have a model 1-7 that is a bit larger than the Halo and it is a good out door knive and they stand behind it.Use it and abuse it.It is made for working.

Yes it reminds of the Randall but about 400 dollars less in cost but not performace.

MikieG Guest
    I knew when i first saw it. A(freakin)Mazing! Like i said, i am not a knife guy. But i seem to pick em by sight and feel!

another vote for Backwoods - or his apprentice KFU
    Erik
    there are 2 reasons I've lived this long...

a) I heal really quick.
    b) I learn even faster where pain and/or blood is involved...

AKA 1066vik RP #434 BH #57

the HALO from Blackjack is a clone of the Randall Model 14. I like the real ones.

I love the looks of randall made knives, but $400+ and 6month wait for 01 steel just seems a bit crazy?
    RP# 953
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

MikieG Guest
    Randall and ESEE are not related?

no mike. Randall Made Knives in Orlando have been around for many years. Their founder, Bo Randall is not, so far as I know, any relation to Jeff (our fearless leader here).

Not willing to swear under oath, but I think "HALO" was also a designation for a fixed blade the old Blackjack (Effingham Illinois) sold. So it might be well to determine if it's the current Black Jack or the old one.

I had an AWAC and Archangel by the Illinois company. The Archangel was a Seki made Loveless-Archer derived chute knife in 8A. The AWAC was a vaguely Lile derived spear point in 440C. Both were sent on with others to Iraq, and I lost track thereafter. Might well still be there. The AWAC was kydexed back in the early days of such by Scott Hendryx.