Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tops BOB Knife

Tops BOB Knife

Don't remember when I ordered this but it came in! I think it was after talking to mist about it :P but in anycase, here it is! Probably means other knives I ordered same time/place will prolly come soon lol.

So far, I HATE the sheath, knife is a pita to draw, wont come out without dangerous effort. Maybe should've taken notes from how nice esee sheaths are, or Godspeed. I will prob ask GS to make it a new sheath
    Last edited by LittleSpartan; 05-09-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Rat Pack #6 6 8
    Happy Thoughts?
    Wife & Kids | 2015 Dodge 2500 Power Wagon 6.4Lsc Black Goat | G17 FDE + x300fde | ZT 0300 | TAD LS in BLK | Pho | Coffee | Djarum Blacks

Neat lookin' blade. I haven't yet dare test the waters of the Tops Knives world, because, like ESEE, I know I'll never get back out

Well i batoned scrap wood, and it does that fine, cleaned the blade and it seems to be fine, coating didn't even wear, its pretty tough. The sheath has no adjustable tensioner, and is so tight in, its not very nice to pull out, and lifts my pants like a one sided wedgie. With my 5, I can use my thumb to push out/pull for knife to come out. Its decent and nice in hand, but isn't something oooo ahhh about nor enough to make me use it and favor over Esees. The butt end I used on various fire steals, works like a charm! Something I kinda want esee to adopt :P And the whistle is awesomely useful for train noises.
    Rat Pack #6 6 8
    Happy Thoughts?
    Wife & Kids | 2015 Dodge 2500 Power Wagon 6.4Lsc Black Goat | G17 FDE + x300fde | ZT 0300 | TAD LS in BLK | Pho | Coffee | Djarum Blacks

I was wondering about that knife awhile back. I haven't seen too many reviews as of yet. Good to see you are liking it so far.
    Proud Supporter of ESEE Knives #1051 ~ In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir

Spray some silicone spray into the sheath....should make it easy to draw the blade

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    "LIFE IS A BEAUTIFUL STRUGGLE" - (MadChild - Swollen Members) ((BC Canada))

RIP John McAleese : TRIBUTE TO A FALLEN SOLDIER

ALWAYS REMEMBER A FALLEN SOLDIER - SAS IN OMAN 40 - 1 (LINK)[B][I]

I seen some pretty cool mods on BCU...

http://www.bushcraftusa.com/forum/sh...light=tops+bob
    Get strops here ====>FLEXXXSTROPS
    MAD STROP SCIENTIST
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Randall View Post
    We modeled the ESEE-CM6 after Flexxx - the hottest, sexiest thing on this forum.
    Do I see sheets of plastic in your future-Dexter Morgan

The sheath will loosen up abit with time, or you can put a small washer between the two
    layers of kydex on the first screw closest to sheath opening if your impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpartan View Post
    Probably means other knives I ordered same time/place will prolly come soon lol.
    Sounds kinda like finding $20 in yer pocket.

Kinda is, cause got an email explaining there would be a slight delay in shipping, so I just forgot about it, and paid attention to other things lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olafasaurus View Post
    Sounds kinda like finding $20 in yer pocket.
    Thanks for the link Flex!

I've been using whistle for anything BUT survival situation..it sounds like a damn train...so at work I've been whistling, lol. Damn it...so much trouble this whistle is...

Anyone else take a bite on the BOB knife?
    Rat Pack #6 6 8
    Happy Thoughts?

Cool knife! A little heat from a heat gun or hair dryer might ease the tension on the sheath a little.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpartan View Post
    Don't remember when I ordered this but it came in! I think it was after talking to mist about it :P but in anycase, here it is! Probably means other knives I ordered same time/place will prolly come soon lol.

So far, I HATE the sheath, knife is a pita to draw, wont come out without dangerous effort. Maybe should've taken notes from how nice esee sheaths are, or Godspeed. I will prob ask GS to make it a new sheath

Bro..... you just say the word when you're ready cause I've been looking for an excuse to buy that one for a while (for realz)
    I missed this thread but I'd like to hear how you like it after a couple weeks using it?

Eli

Looks interesting, but the handle is too long. Would prefer spearpoint, but I looked hard at it since ESEE doesn't have a scandi...

I'll pick one up in the future. Too many things on my plate atm, or I would right now.

.................... I I want your opinion, I'll read it in your entrails

Well so far I have only taken it to nearby trails, split some wood, and used to wittle little woot spikes. I was waiting to get a knife in from Rob, to take a few knives out to play with and beat on them, had taken some time off to take trip, ended up not going. And spent the time with family and friends, and listened to war stories, but the knife is pretty nice! Coating still wont die, and the edge holds up fine, have split remainder of wood I have stock piled from my little excursions of exploring, and taking home wood I find laying around lol.

I solved sheath issue, so far I really love the knife, been carrying it a while, so it gets used to open boxes too, and other garden and landscape chores around the house. I really like the shape/design! But would love a GS sheath, fire steel holder, pouched. I also wish Esee would have the groove at the butt end of BOB knife for striking the F rods.

However, isn't enough to 100% lure me away from esee, its a great knife, but the sheaths belt loop mounting, isn't exactly that great. Def needs replacing with GS.

GS get one, so you can make sheaths hahahaa. I'm terrible :P
    Rat Pack #6 6 8
    Happy Thoughts?

LS, how is the handle shape, girth and length?