A little hunting.....

Soooo… I just spend the last week roaming around the mountains north of where I grew up chasing deer mostly and swine of course.

It was a reasonably productive week, fired 7 shots and put 6 critters on the ground. One clean miss  Got a stack of venison (5 of the 6 critters) and one swine.

The rut has not yet started but there are some good heads about along with lots of meat animals. It was too bloody hot for my taste (in this country) and it made the long walks up steep hills a sweaty affair….beats being at work though.

The reptiles were out in full force this trip with all of us in camp seeing at least one Common Brown Snake each (http://www.billabongsanctuary.com.au...ern_brown.html ), in my case three, one who while crossing the road on my drive in decided to coil and strike at 2 tons of Landcruiser doing 90km/h, one that popped up out of the grass next to my leg in the bush and one (that scared the bejesus out of me) that was making great speed toward me as I turned back toward my truck after opening a gate, my guess is I scared him as I drove down the road and actually overtook him and he caught up as I was out…he did a hard left and into the grass but the vision of him making full speed in my direct (he was only about 6 feet away) made me do a little dance on the spot…. :rofl: I have some further reptile stories to tell but they are getting a dedicated thread

Got a few pics I snapped while I was away..

The TLC at the creek crossing at the back of the hut….

That creek just there…

Blooding the Busse B4

The leeches were as friendly this year as they were last…got home several times to fing my pants blood soaked where one had fed and dropped off unnoticed…

The swine….

One for a mate who chases such things.…

Some big fungus…

And one of the Busse with a hog I “prepared earlier” (well…12 months ago)

In addition to the snakes away I stopped in a a mate's place on the way home and he was breaking the news to his wife that there was a brown snake in residence around their chook pen....talking to him after I got home he tells me that he nailed a 6 foot plus one just after I left ...but nooo, that was not the end of the reptiles on this trip... out saying hello to the pups with Mrs Andy and guess what she finds out in the yard...

It is a baby Red Belly Black snake... can make an adult sick, kill a child or the elderly and absolutely kill a dog...seems my two slightly retarded Fur kids were too good for it.... we watched them very closely for the next few hours for any tell tale signs of a bite. I recall a bit of a ruckus just before we went outside and my guess that was the "incident"

Nemesis of Jeep owners the world around...

Great pics. The only good snake is a dead snake to me. Hope the pets are fine.
    Where ever you go there you are!

Some awesome pics...
    Get strops here ====>FLEXXXSTROPS
    MAD STROP SCIENTIST
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Randall View Post
    We modeled the ESEE-CM6 after Flexxx - the hottest, sexiest thing on this forum.
    Do I see sheets of plastic in your future-Dexter Morgan

interesting pictures.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.~ Mark Twain
    KEEP CALM AND MOD ON
    #3529 rat pack rejects

Andy, I would like to see some pics of your deer if you have any.
    RP# 14

Not from this year as they were all meat animals and I tend just to get stuck into the cutting, I have one of a trophy head I took a couple of years ago and one a mate also took the same year, let my find them and I will post them up.

Andy

Cool, thanks.
    RP# 14

Mine from 2010...

Some Chital in another area..

Some Black Fallow does..

Best mate's from last year..

Cool pics!

Thanks, those are beautiful deer. How do they taste?
    RP# 14

Great..............