Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Noss videos and knife tests destruction gone!

His videos are entertaining. I don't always believe what is done or said but I like the videos and reviews.

All the vids are off you tube and the site is down.

Has anyone heard anything?

Nope. He's Samael on the BF tho. Could ask the royal douche bag himself.

.................... I I want your opinion, I'll read it in your entrails

I live in rugged New Brunswick Canada.Deep in the woods
    Noss is a friend of mine.I'll ask him what's up.
    "The forest is my chapel.The trees are the pillars and walls of an endless cathedral.The wind in the trees is my choir.The land gives me water for my thirst and food for my famine.My blades grant me safe passage,give me food and make my shelter.Survival is my religion and I am it's disciple"

RP#617

I'd like to know what happened as well.
    Rat Pack #73
    Pack Rat #73

Whoa! Must have been something legal related, although I don't know what it would be. I liked his silence of the lambs style.
    My real name is Kyle Ver Steeg
    My Youtube Channel

That's odd.

At first I kinda thought him a joke but after some time I got to the point that I saw the value in what he was doing.

Oh well, we have Corpus now to baton through cinderblocks.

Maybe he's being forced to rename the site Sharpened Prybar Tests. Whatever he was doing, it had little relation to actual knife use.
    Here kitty, kitty.

They'll probably find the poor guy in a ditch somewhere with a Chris Reeve Green Beret broken off in him.

I always got a kick out of the guy and he put a Loy of time into it whether you value what he did or not. It's not like he was busting up Swiss army folders or old hickory kitchen knives, the knives he beat up were definitely advertised as tough knives/sharpened prybars

I have been carrying an Esee for weeks even though I have theoretically tougher infi etc knives. Fun to watch

I don't understand why guys complain about him? I mean ...unless you think it's trick photography or something? He's not stealing knives from people to break them up like that. I don't believe he's trying to get his money back from the manufacturers. And personally ...it makes sense that the better a knife holds up under his tests (whether they are a scientifically controlled test ensuring the same pressures, impacts, etc or not) the better they will withstand normal wear and tear. Or am I missing something?

Jeff Randall is offline Co-Owner Randall's Adventure & Training / ESEE Knives
    The reason his videos are gone is he was using a Becker knife and it broke, came back, cut through the hockey helmet he was wearing and cut his head off. Needless to say it was a Becker that had been re-ground and re-sharpened by us since those damn things are dull as hell from Ethan.

ESEE Knives

Randall's Adventure & Training

----Long live Warren Zevon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Randall View Post
    The reason his videos are gone is he was using a Becker knife and it broke, came back, cut through the hockey helmet he was wearing and cut his head off. Needless to say it was a Becker that had been re-ground and re-sharpened by us since those damn things are dull as hell from Ethan.
    I thought they were that dull for safety reasons? Oh well, they make Damn good butter knives!
    Do or do not... there is no try. -Yoda
    RPR#3512

I grabbed mine accidentally while working on it and it didn't break the skin. It could be duller from some of the chemicals it has seen, etc but its dangerously dull Atm.

No shit! I just got off the phone with Moose and he said that the guy was testing a sharpened/modified BK9, that was reprofiled back 1/4" and the tip was ground into a clip-point. He sent me pics of what it looked like right before it went in for "testing" and it looks pretty cool with the parkerized finish.

Pics:

These were the side by side comparison pics to show how much steel was removed:

They even sharpened the pommel:

Rowen put one hell of an edge on it and I have a picture from some initial testing that I did on it but Ethan demanded that it be tested "failure".... actually beyond failure so they sent it to Noss. Unfortunate accident for sure but he died doing what he loved best! And even though it had to be reprofiled so it was actually sharp..... atleast Ethan can take credit for it happening.

From said testing:

Eli
    Last edited by GODSPEED; 03-15-2012 at 12:55 PM.

So far the reason the videos are gone is because he died? You guys are slipping. Y'all are usually more imaginative.

I always thought of the test as entertaining.
    Last edited by CLICKBANGBANG; 03-15-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Bring enough gun....

Quote Originally Posted by CLICKBANGBANG View Post
    So far the reason the videos are gone is because he died? You guys are slipping. Y'all are usually more imaginative.

I always thought of the test as entertaining.
    Dude! With a modified BK9 and it went right through his hockey helmet and we're still waiting on details...... I've even produced pictures of the knife that did it! We're still waiting for more details...... just give it time. You never know what's gonna come out about this

Eli